Word Wisdom is an effective, research-based program that introduces, teaches, practices, and applies vocabulary strategies through the context of reading passages. The program’s vocabulary instruction
- increases reading fluency and comprehension.
- strengthens reading and writing across subject areas..
- leads to improved overall academic success.
Students are taught how to use context clues, Latin and Greek roots, and reference tools to unlock the meaning of words in theme-based reading passages. They then interact with and use the words multiple times as they practice and apply the 5-Step Process for unlocking meaning.
- Student Edition provides lessons for an entire year to help students unlock, process, and apply over 300 new vocabulary words.
- Teacher Edition provides annotated Student Edition pages, weekly and daily instructional planners, assessment blackline masters, and a correlation to the CCSS. Includes a CD-ROM with printable games and activities.
- Classroom Poster displays the nine Context Clues Strategies. One side is for Grades 3–5; the reverse is for Grades 6–8. 22” x 33”.
view full list of components with ISBN Numbers.