NEW – Alpha Handwriting
Alpha Handwriting is a three-level course for young learners, that provides a progression of skills for students to master handwriting. Delightfully illustrated, these fun handwriting books focus on letter, word, number, and basic punctuation formation.
Each section is broken down into easy-to-follow sections, with common everyday words, sentences, and prompts appropriate for early grades.
- Getting ready to write: posture, fine motor skills, and mechanics practice
- Information for different line formations and practice in creating those lines and applying them to create letters and numerals
- Both right- and left-handed instructions are presented
- The letters have been grouped by similar formations and strokes, allowing students to work progressively through letter, word and sentence formation, e.g., the letters Ll, Ii, Tt, Ff all have vertical lines.
- An informal assessment – Show What You Know.
- A detailed description on writing with left and right hands.
- Information for different line formations and practice in creating those lines and applying them to create letters and numerals.
- Information on the importance of correct letter size and spacing to making writing legible and practice in evaluating and applying knowledge of letter size and spacing.
- Provides practice for creating uppercase and lowercase letters and punctuation marks.
- Provides practice for creating numerals and number words.
Unit 4 provides;
- Practice for creating words and sentences.
- Opportunities to write for different purposes.
- Information on and practice with the writing process.
- An informal summative assessment—Write What You Know
Practice connects to math and ELA standards.
- In all units, students practice writing uppercase and lowercase letters, which aligns with grades K-1 CCSS Language standards.
- In Unit 3, students see a connection between numerals and number words.
- In Units 2 and 4, students practice writing punctuation marks aligned with the grades K-2 CCSS Language standards.
- In Unit 4, students practice writing sentences and paragraphs aligned with the grades K-2 CCSS Writing standards.